Monday, September 6, 2010

Blarts # 4,5,6 & 7

Despondent, that's the word that comes to mind about my feelings after the last post.  I don't really know why; it's not like the picture was that bad, bu that's how I felt nonetheless.  As a result I haven't posted for a while - I'd do some art, and then think "Meh, I don't have enough for a new post. Stuff it."  And then today I actually went through a few pages in my sketchbook, and I'd done rather more than I initially thought...  Quite a lot more in fact. Add to that that I was under the impression that I'd already posted some of the following and, well, I have some catching up to do.  4 Blarts in one post coming up - I've done more, but these were rough enough that I don't think they deserve a post each:

1: Hammerstein
ABC Hammerstein Ink

Not much to say.  It's Hammerstein of the ABC Warriors chilling in his basement reading Popular Electronics and Popular Mechanics and possibly having the occasional chug on his quart of oil.  No, I don't know why he's chilling in the basement, it just seemed like a good idea at the time.  He turned out OK, but a whole heck of a long way from great.  Better than the finished piece (IMO) is the sketch I did of his head before I started on the final work:

ABC Hammerstein Head Study

See, much better...

2: Earthworm Jim

I wrote a whole bunch about this image, but then blogger decided it wasn't important enough for you to read and erased it. I can't be bothered to type it again, so look, it's an ink sketch of Earthworm Jim, the end.

3: Ren & Stimpy


I don't particularly like Ren & Stimpy, never have, never will.  It was a blart, I drew it, spending all of half an hour doing it (and colouring it).  Apparently the cat (is that Stimpy?) carrying a shotgun is out of character.  Observe how much I care :)

4: Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

I did the pencils, but then got hung up on it and never started the inks. Eventually decided it wasn't going to happen and moved on. It's OK for what it is IMO.  Maybe one day I'm come back and ink it, or draw it better again; in other news Santa is real and rain is God's wee-wee.

More stuff to come over the next week I guess, but for tonight that's quite enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment