Friday, September 24, 2010

Blart #7 Artists Choice

Two in one night!  How lucky you are.  Maybe I'll make it three and we can all pick favorites! Or not.
This one is actually out of order - it's the 7th Blart I drew, but it wasn't the 7th official one (That was Galactus I believe, which I did next).  Anyway, it was the artists choice Blart, so I chose Judge Dredd.  I originally chose Johnny Alpha, but then my brother mentioned that he was coming down the Blart pipe anyway, so I held off and did his occasional partner, occasional nemesis instead.

Dredd

You can click it for a bigger sample.

There's not really much to cover on this one, for all it took a while to do - I wanted to try something on gray paper, using the Prismacolor pencils I had recently bought. Turned out this was a bad plan - the paper was a little too textured for the pencils, so it chewed through them like there was no tomorrow. Add to that that my black pencil had apparently been shattered en route to me and the 'lead' kept falling out and it wasn't the easiest piece. Never mind, here's a look at the preliminary sketches, showing, I think, how I arrived at the final composition.


 Some of these were better than the end result I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment