Friday, September 24, 2010

September Catch-up

I was hoping to go for the hat-trick last night, but then I got distracted by a site dedicated to British road signs (don't ask, but it was more interesting than it sounds).  So, maybe I'll get it tonight; I have three posts to write, but I also have a large headache and need to get up early tomorrow, so we'll see what wins.
First up is some more random sketching.  I finally went back to basics on this one and just started drawing small, and very quick, gesture thumbnails.  These were so densely packed that I couldn't really split them into good vs bad, nor squeeze them into the usual square image.

Sept-18-figures1

Sept-20-Figures2

If you couldn't tell these were mine from the style and the pinkish newsprint background I think some of the subject matter would be a dead giveaway; The first has a chap with a cup of tea and a smoke over on the right hand side, as well as a couple of Strontium Dogs and a Wolverine dotted about. The second includes a Link, a very bad Indiana Jones another Wolverine and at least 3 spidermen (one of which is the post thumbnail). They're certainly not all good, but there is some good stuff tucked away in there I think.

Sept_4-10

The second part of the post is just some longer studies I did; 3 heads, three women and a guy. They're mostly bad, but each has something I like in it, even little miss giant lips with the boss eyes. I guess the anatomy is improving, but the proportion is still way off the mark - I need to get back to my anatomy studies soon, but for the time being I need to share one of the things that's been holding those studies up. Not complaining, I'm fairly pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment