Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Best and Worst of Figure Drawing (Week 6)

I didn't attend Week 5.  Wanted too, couldn't, not crying about it :)
Did I mention that each week of this course had a "theme?"  No, well, they did.  Gesture, Rhythm, Attitude, Emotion, Costume.  This weeks was Attitude and Emotion, but as you can probably tell from the following I didn't do a great job of capturing either.  I was to busy struggling to make the figures look human to worry about making them look miserable (or happy, as the case may be).  Hopefully I mostly succeeded in the first aim at least.
FigureDrawing5-Good
Good:
This actually has my favourite image from any of the sessions in it - it's the top centre one.  Sadly I did it too close to the edge of the page, and lost her hands and feet as a result, but there's something about this one that I just kinda love - especially the hair; I think it's the only time I really nailed how her hair looked. Yes, she's holding a really big hammer in the bottom left image, and yes she is making a cube float between her hands over on the left there.  That's the power of art baby!
FigureDrawing5-Bad
Bad:
OK, the one on the right is kinda good, it's all stylish and has a good sense of form and twist.  It's in the bad section because it wasn't supposed to look like that, so it being cool was just a fluke; I count that as a failure.  The rest of them are so obviously bad I'll just leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment