Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Best and Worst of Figure Drawing (Week 7)

Last but one week of Figure Drawing (This time around anyway).  For this session our model wore a couple of costumes to make things more interesting, and also for us to practice our drawing of cloth and drapery.  The first outfit was something a dancer would wear during a practice or workout (I don't know what they're called to be honest, but tight fitting, 2 pieces...), the second was a fairy costume.  The first was difficult to draw with time constraints due to it being silver and black and having the word "DANCE" printed all over it: all things that do a good job of masking the folds and creases in the cloth.
FigureDrawing6-Good
Good:
Really not much more to say about this. I was concentrating on the cloth more than the model, which is why the non cloth bits aren't very defined.

 FigureDrawing6-Bad
Bad:
I have to say that while I don't really feel my best work is improving much over this course, my bad ones are less terrible. I suppose if I can bring my worse work up to be consistently in line with my fairly good ones then that would be no small win in itself. Also, the ration of bad to good is swinging far more into flavor of the good stuff (Although less stuff is being drawn in these later sessions due to there being more time spent on each drawing).

BTW, for a some time during typing this my 3 year old was on my lap trying to help; consequently this may be the longest post (time wise) I'll ever write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment