Thursday, October 7, 2010

Allons-y!

So I've been terribly unproductive for the last week or so, so no new "traditional" work to be seen (I've done some, but not enough to be worth a post yet) which means you're stuck with more Artrage work.  For the next couple of posts in fact, because I've done a set.  I have no idea what inspired me to decide to A) try some caricatures and B) pick David Tennant as The Doctor for my first effort, but I did.  I was really quite pleased with it - at the time.

The 10th Doctor (Tennant)

So there it is, click to enbiggen. There's really not a lot to say about this one - either you recognise the subject or you don't, and if you don't you're missing out. Actually, since I'm pretty sure everyone who reads this blog (Hello dear!) watches Doctor Who then there's a fairly minimal chance that you don't know who The Doctor, as played by David Tennant, is. Just in case though, you can read all about him on that wiki thing.

The only other thing I have to show on this one is the sketch I painted over. The whole thing took about 2 hours, with the following sketch taking 15 to 20 minutes.

In retrospect it's not very good (my opinion - Sticking to it), but I do like the slouchy look it's got - Something Tennant did a lot with his "I'm a lonely Timelord" speeches, but most pictures of him have him grinning like a loon, so at least it makes a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment