Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sketching Skaters

I've been falling greatly behind on my sketch practice of late, and haven't done any for probably two weeks.  This isn't to say I've not been doing art type stuff, just no sketching.  I should probably get back on it huh?  The art type stuff I've been doing I can't show until August, even when it's finished, which it isn't yet. It's digital, although I did do a prep sketch before I started, so that's something.  Before my sketching hiatus I bought Skate 3 (one of those new fangled video games). It has an in-game editor for editing videos and taking photographs, letting you move the camera around and capture just the shot you want.  Handy for sketching!  So I tried it.

Skaters

Worked out fairly well I thought.  No bad this time because; amazingly, none of them were really awful.  There was one more sketch than this that didn't look very good, but I think this was actually down to the in-game model deforming badly in the pose I'd chosen rather than my not drawing it very well.  Or maybe I suck.  Whichever, I'm not wasting space on a single bad sketch (Unless it's honestly so awful you just have to see it, and this one wasn't).

I have to be honest, I actually uploaded this at the same time as the faces of the last post, I just didn't get around to writing the entry until now.  What can I say, I was busy at work and lazy at home.  It may be a little while until my next post anyway, since I need to sketch more things to show; or maybe I'll write something not directly related, which I'll need to do a little research for.  Either way, don't hurry back, it'll be at least a week by my guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment