Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sketching - October to December '14

It's a bit ridiculous that I simplified posting sketches so I could more easily keep up with it, and then haven't posted any for 5 months.  I shall post now, although this still puts me a year behind.  Same rules as last time - Scan page, adjust levels, post image.  Edits allowed for rotating something so you can see it better, or cutting something out you're not supposed to see (for work or whatever. Not because it's bad - you get to see the terrible stuff, or there wouldn't be much to see). So, let's see what I was up to a year ago...


October 2014


Notes:  I quite like TV man, and sweater girl, as well as knife woman on the bottom image.  Jack-o-lantern on the central image wins it though really.  I need to do a painting of that one day (maybe for next Halloween).

November 2014


December 2014



Notes: Chap in the middle of the lower one is based on my Brother (not a good likeness).  It's the only one based on a photo I think.  I quite like a couple here (especially fur collar Aria up there), but nothing is really standing out as amazing.

I think next year I'm going to do with sketching what I did with Speedpainting this year, since I've been sketching less but painting more.  Next year I'll give over that time to more sketching, but it will be study sketching, rather than free form stuff like this.  Hopefully that will get me out of the rut I think I'm stuck in right now (really, this years sketches, few as they are, are no better than these from last year).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are really good in it, I wish I was half a good as you are, going to share this post with my friends as good work should be shared with others. Thank you for the post

    ReplyDelete