Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Getting Past its Use By Date

I'm such a slacker. The deadline I thought would hold up the next post (now the current one) was on Saturday, and here I am not having posted yet. Tsk. Worse still, I have some more things to post before I head off on a three week trip starting next week, so I should probably pull my thumb out, yes?

This one's going to be short, and sweet, and a bit dull.

You can click it to get a better look should you wish.

Now you may recall that while I was in the Dark Times of April and May I did still manage to get some basic pencil sketches done. Well, here they are, along with some done in various inks as well. I'm not splitting these into good an bad because there were so many of them - but these are predominantly the better ones I did.

You may note most of them are of women. This is not because I draw women more than men (I do, but not by such a huge percentage as shown here), but that I'm better at drawing them in general - in other words the pictures of blokes were a bit poo. Clearly I need to practice drawing them more.

if you're interested there are examples of various pencils here, as well as Sharpies (That's still Berol in the UK I think); taking up most of the corners, fineliner, and ballpoint. It's hard to tell which is which when I've adjusted the contrast of the pencils so you can see them. Also, these are predominantly not based on photographs. In fact I think only 2 of them are - the image I've used as the post's thumbnail and the portrait above the skull on the right.

That's your lot for this post - we shall see if I can get another in before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment