Thursday, May 20, 2010

Random Pose Sketches #3 (May 2010)

I just realised that I opened two consecutive posts with "A couple of posts ago."  I realised this mostly because I was about to start this one the same way, and thought I may have done so before.  Clearly my head would currently be in the shed if I happened to own one.  Not in a drunk way, just in a way too much on my mind way.  Still, even with so much going on right now I managed to get some sketching done (and it's not that much if I'm honest, just a few high stress not that muches).  So it's time for a look at how much I suck rock.

May12thtoMay14th_Good

Good:
OK, not that good, but some drawing with good bits, and that'll do I guess.  The sense of perspective and the shape of the behind on the figure to the right is quite good, even if something unfortunate has happened to her chest.  Similarly, for th eone on the left, the top of her looks pretty good, as does the bottom, but the abdomen is way to long and thin.  Ah well, that's the best of what I did.


May12th to May14th bad

Bad:
Less said the better I think.  Whereas the good ones weren't very good this time, but at least had redeeming features,  this lot have nothing much going for them.  I think I'll just let them speak for themselves, if you can understand the incoherent dribble they're spouting.

Oh, and a note on the background colour on those pictures: I've started sketching on really cheap newsprint paper.  I like the feel of it, and it takes ink well, but drawing on it in pencil is a no-no (at least if I want to scan the results), it is very dark paper - the same colour and shader as the backgrounds to these images in fact.  I liked the look, so I've kept it. Expect to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment